Memories ~ a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hey Y'all... Happy weekend... hope you have big plans for this weekend and get out and enjoy the gorgeous Fall weather... The leaves have begun to turn colors here in South MS...
Hubby and I are making plans to join the land of the Retired Seniors... I don't know if I am ready for this!
His last day of work is Nov 30th.. I guess I have until then to get my " Honey Do" list ready!
I found a few tidbits about retirement to share with you.....
~When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.  ~Chi Chi Rodriguez
~A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job.  ~Ella Harris
~The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
~Retirement:  That's when you return from work one day and say, "Hi, Honey, I'm home - forever."  ~Gene Perret
I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to all the "Followers" of my novice blog... I would appreciate any help for decorating... I am not sure how to do all that ... I have visited some very beautiful blogs. I would like mine to be just as pleasing...
The beautiful " Roses Along The Track " image on the right of the blog came from the photo bucket of Caroline .....
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/Caroline15171924/?start=80
She has some really lovely images...  I thank her very much for sharing....

Here is a bit of October beauty..

"Wheels of baled hay bask in October sun:
Gold circles strewn across the sloping field,
They seem arranged as if each one
Has found its place; together they appeal
To some glimpsed order in my mind
Preceding my chance pausing here --
A randomness that also seems designed.
Gold circles strewn across the sloping field
Evoke a silence deep as my deep fear
Of emptiness; I feel the scene requires
A listener who can respond with words, yet who
Prolongs the silence that I still desire,
Relieved as clacking crows come flashing through,
Whose blackness shows chance radiance of fire.
Yet stillness in the field remains for everyone:
Wheels of baled hay bask in October sun."
-   Robert Pack, Baled Hay   

"Til Later".........

No comments:

Post a Comment